Can-Am West Carriers provides a wide range of opportunities within our Flat Deck Divisions for owner operators while RESPECTING YOUR INDEPENDENCE as a business owner.
You will have the opportunity to average 12,000 miles per month (500 mile average per day) with a commitment from you to be available for dispatch 24 full days per month. While all divisions are based out of Abbotsford, British Columbia, we offer flexibility for residency location.
- Can-Am West Carriers is a full truckload irregular route carrier operating throughout Canada and the Continental United States, excluding Alaska.
- Traffic lanes would be coast to coast in Canada and all 48 contiguous states within the Continental United States.
- The run consists of general freight and heavy haul freight moving North America wide on Flats, Steps, and RGN trailers
- The run is attractive because of the average length of haul, approximately 2000 miles, so not to many tarps and border crossings
- You will have the opportunity to be home on a regular basis
- The run offers home time every 12 to 14 days out and 4 days at home
- A valid class 1 license or equivalent.
- Your truck must be no more than 6 years old and have less than 850,000kms with a maximum tractor weight of 21,500 lbs
- Driver must have minimum 6 months of verifiable experience.
- Long Haul experience preferred, although a combination of short haul and long haul experience will be considered.
- A positive attitude and dedication to hard work!
- No more than 2 moving violations on abstract or Commercial Vehicle Operators Report.
- No preventable accidents in the prior 12 months.