Company Drivers - Step Deck
Can-Am west Carriers provides a wide range of opportunities within our Step Deck Division for company drivers, offering plenty of scheduled home time. While all divisions are based out of Abbotsford, British Columbia, we offer flexibility for residency location.
- Can-Am West Carriers is a full truckload irregular route carrier operating throughout Canada and the Continental United States, excluding Alaska.
- As a Step Deck driver, your traffic lanes would be coast to coast in Canada and all 48 contiguous states within the Continental United States.
- You can expect to average 11,000 miles on approximately 22 – 23 working days per month
- The run consists of general freight and heavy haul freight moving on Flats, Steps, and RGN trailers
- The run is attractive because of the average length of haul, approximately 2000 miles, so not to many tarps and border crossings
- You will have the opportunity to be home on a regular basis
- The run offers home time every 12 to 14 days out and 4 days at home
- A valid class 1 license or equivalent.
- Driver must have minimum 6 months of verifiable experience.
- Long Haul experience preferred, although a combination of short haul and long haul experience will be considered.
- A positive attitude and dedication to hard work!
- No more than 2 moving violations on abstract or Commercial Vehicle Operators Report.
- No preventable accidents in the prior 12 months.